Peacocks are always fun to paint. Lots of great colors to work with and fun wispy lines and shapes to create. Here is a step by step tutorial on how to paint a simple design.
paper towels or cloth
(optional) Fine Mist Spray bottle with water
(optional) Baby wipes
Colors used in this picture:
1. Starting with the metallic green and the medium round brush, paint an oval where you want to start your design.
2. Next paint the neck, by add a long curved shape.
3. Add the body of the peacock. It’s shaped like a very big comma.
4. Use the round brush to add a series of tear drop shapes for the tail.
5. Add light green ovals over each of the tear drop shapes.
6. Continue to add light green to the top of the peacock’s head, by using quick brush strokes to make small tear drops. Add light blue on top of the light green on the tail. Make sure the light blue dot is smaller so the green shows through. Use the light blue to add shading to the neck and body.
7. Use dark blue to add to the feathers both on the head and on the tail.
8. Finally, outline in black using the small round brush.
This would be great with some glitter!
This would be perfect:Amerikan Body Art Cosmetic Glitter – Holographic White (Sheer)
thank you for viewing. We love to hear from you! Please comment below!
Share this post
- Tags: art, beautiful, Bird, design, Design Ideas, exotic, face, face art, facepainting, Feather, fun, Indian, peacock, pretty, simple