Something a little different and very quick and easy. A Magical skating fairy, in a fairy winter wonderland. I am using the colors in a split cake. Split cakes can also be used as a way to have more colors available in your pallet, without the extra bulk. I can carry a variety of metallic blue colors in just one cake. So you don’t have to think of your split cakes as just doing one stoke designs.
Colors used in this picture:
1. Starting with the light metallic blue, add a bit of ice. Go over again with a slightly darker metallic blue.
2. With the white paint a silhouette of a fairy skating. Have the hair whisking behind her to create movement in the design.
3. Add lots of little details. Add a border of a series of short tear drop clusters at the bottom of her dress. Add some tear drops and swirls surrounding her.
4. Add light blue and blue details to the design. Add some blue over her skirt and on her arms and in her hair. Add a few light blue snowflakes all around.
Now, whomever will want a ice fairy princess I will bet will want some glitter too! So make sure to give plenty! This design calls for it! Sheer glitters are best for going all over a design. This will allow the design to come through. Opaque glitter is best for covering a solid color as you will not be able to see the design through it.
Easily add glitter by using a spray bottle with water, and spritzing the design lightly at least 12 inches away. Use a poof-able cosmetic grade glitter to add evenly all around. Use different colors to really create an effect.
Amy Liza Williams is a face & body artist who resides in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Asheville NC. She is the owner of Asheville face & body Art, a collective of quality artists who work as a team to provide many body art services for the South East region of the United States. www.ashevillefaceandbodyart.com
Share this post
- Tags: Amy Liza Williams, cute, design, Design Ideas, designs, different, face painting, facepaint, fairy, fast, fun, Holiday, how to, ice, pretty, Princess, quick, season, skater, winter