Floral eye design with Global’s London small split cake
Global has some great qualities in its face paints. They tend to not stain, and they are beautifully vibrant. One of my favorite small split cakes is London, which I’m using in today’s eye design. It’s absolutely a favorite for me, and I hope you enjoy this lovely design inspired by Karen Harvey’s gorgeous floral techniques.
• Global London small split cake
• Wolfe white
• Paradise gold
• 3/4-inch or 1-inch flat brush
• #2 round brush
• Gold liquid bling
• Gold cosmetic glitter
• Light blue cosmetic glitter
• Light green cosmetic glitter
1. Begin by sponging Paradise gold over the eyelids and up into the temples to create a cohesive foundation for your final eye design. Sprinkle this with gold cosmetic glitter before it dries completely. In the photo below, I put gold on both eyelids. You could do this, or you could just stick with one. For balance, it’s nice to add some minimalist color and design to the other eye, but it’s not necessary in one-eye designs.
2. Load your 3/4-inch brush from the Global London split cake. Create a flower shape with its center about 1/4 of an inch from the corner of the eye.
3. Using the same flat brush, create some teardrop shapes above and below the flower. The ones on top should curve around onto the forehead, and the ones below should curve toward the mouth.
4. Now for the cool Karen Harvey part. Load your #2 round brush with the same purple as you have in your London split and add some swirls the cattail lines coming out from behind the flower. Also place some dots of the same color in the center of the flower.
5. I like to work dark to light with these swirls, so the next color to swirl with is the London blue, followed by white. Add some dots and starbursts for extra effect.
6. The outer edge of the flower seemed a little lost to me, so I defined it by outlining it with gold liquid bling and added some liquid bling swirls above and below the flower as well. With that final step, you are finished!
By Elizabeth Mackinney on
Share this Article