The first time a child asked me for an owl design, my mind went blank, and I couldn't even remember what an owl looked like. Having enjoyed some of Barbara Breitung's cute owl designs and tutorials, though, I thought I'd give owls another try, but with Mehron Intense powders. The great thing about the Mehron powders is that they're light and comfortable on the skin, and are fairly durable in humid conditions.
• Mehron Intense palette Fire
• Black face paint (Diamond FX or Wolfe)
• White face paint (Diamond FX or Wolfe)
• Paradise light or dark brown
• #1 round brush
• #3 round brush
• Smoothy blenders/foam applicators
• Ben Nye Glitter Glue
• Cosmetic grade glitter (iridescent white)
Beth MacKinney is the owner of and primary face painter for Face Paint Pizzazz in Elgin, Illinois, and her artwork has appeared in The Colored Palette and SkinMarkz magazines. She services the western and northwestern Chicago suburbs, Chicago’s north side, and the eastern and southeastern suburbs of Rockford. Stop by Clownantics.com to enjoy more of Beth’s face painting tutorials.