After a long winter sleeping, this bear is hungry for honey. He can hear those pesky honey bees buzzing, but where is the sound coming from? Finish this tutorial to help him find out.
• #5 round brush
• #1 round brush
• Paradise light brown face paint
• Paradise dark brown face paint
• Paradise yellow face paint
• Paradise orange face paint
• Paradise light green face paint
• Diamond FX white face paint
• Diamond FX black face paint
1. Block in your bear with light brown for the general shape and white for the eyes. Use a little dark brown around the edges of his cheeks and ears to give him more dimension.
For the tree, again use light brown for the basic shape, but put a little dark brown on the side of the tree toward the ear and on the bottom of the branches for shadows. Use the yellow mixed with a little orange for the honey bee hive, which will be hanging from a branch on the tree. Watch your placement with this, because you don’t want the hive to be too close to the eye.
2. Back to the bear, use your #1 round brush and Diamond FX black to create the outline. For a more friendly bear, omit the bushy eyebrows.
For a slightly gruffer looking bear with a bit of attitude, add shaggy eyebrows to your bear.
For the other side of the design, add outlines to the hive first, since it’s the portion of the design in front, and then add them to the tree. For the bees, place orange or yellow dots around the hive and outline these with black, too, adding a black dot for the head of the bee and little elliptical shapes on the sides for wings. They don’t have to be terribly detailed. You’re creating the impression of bees rather than anatomically correct bees.
Little swirls behind the bees will create the illusion of movement so they don’t look like they’re just hanging in space.
3. Finally go over both parts of the design and add some white highlights with the Diamond FX white and your #1 round brush.
Share this post
- Tags: art, Bear, boy design, cheek art, design, Design Ideas, designs, dfx, easy, Eye design, face, face art, face paint, face painting, facepaint, facepaint.com, honey bees, simple, sneakaboo, Sneakadoodle, tutorial