If you grew up with the Great Pumpkin from Charlie Brown, and you also have a thing for Spiderman, this is the design for you this fall. It’s basically a fun combination of a jack-o-lantern and Spiderman. You’ll need a few things listed below before you begin.
• Global yellow face paint
• Global orange face paint
• Diamond FX white face paint
• Diamond FX black face paint
• Paradise green face paint
• Paradise brown face paint
• 1/2-inch flat brush
• #1 round brush
• #4 round brush
1. Load your 1/2-inch flat brush with yellow and orange simultaneously, with one color on each side of the brush. You can make your own split cake to achieve this, or there are several brands of small split cakes you can also use, like TAG Flame. I used Global yellow and orange for this example. With the yellow in the center of the design, make three curves on each side which will become your pumpkin.
After creating my pumpkin shape, I used a wet brush to remove some of the paint where I was planning to put my Spiderman eyes. You don’t have to do this, but if you don’t, it’s possible your white might absorb some of the yellow from below.
2. Add your other shapes with your #4 or #5 round brush. I also added a highlight to my pumpkin.
3. Using the Diamond FX black and the #1 round brush, make your eye outlines and add the overall design outlines and spider webs.
4. If you were in a hurry, you could be finished at the last step, but if you want to extend the design around the eye or further up the arm, you could also add some spider webs above and below it. (I added a tiny spider as well, which is reminiscent of the wolf spiders which used to show up in our basement in the fall.)
5. The last step, as always, is to add a few highlights here and there. For a boy, you might not add the dots and starbursts. It just depends on what the person in your chair would like, so use your own judgment there.
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: arm, art, Barrington, Bartlett, Beth MacKinney, boy design, cheek art, Chicago, design, Design Ideas, designs, dfx, easy, face, face art, face paint, face painting, facepaint, facepaint.com, fall, fast, fun, Great Pumpkin, Halloween, Hoffman Estates, how to, Illinois, quick, Schaumburg, spiderman, Spidey, tutorial