UV Fun ~ Neon butterfly for day and night!
This is a great design for when working with a later crowd, maybe a music venue or a night club where there will be uv reflective lighting(blacklights). One thing I have learned about these events, is that there is not always the best lighting. The uv lighting may only light up one room, or even part of a room. Therefore, I try to have designs that look good both in regular light and uv lighting.
Colors used in this picture:
Recommended: Amerikan Body Art Cosmetic Glitter – Holographic Bubblegum Pink (Sheer)
1. Starting with the chisel brush and the orange dayglow paint, start to paint the basic shape of the butterfly. Start at the inner corner of the eye, and swoop up, over the eye to the forehead, then repeat on the bottom cheek. I only do one eye for this, because people feel its just the right amount of paint for them.
2. Add the dayglow pink to the outer edges of the design. Twist the brush at the end to make into a point.
3. Using the round brush and the white face paint, start to carefully outline the design with tear drop shapes.
4. Continue to add as you see fit to fill in the design.
5. Fill in as much as you would like, and have time for details. Add some glitter and this design is ready to fly!
By Amy Liza Williams on
Share this Article