October is the busiest time of the year for face painters, so it’s good to have some quick fall and Halloween designs in your repertoire to move your line along. Since rainbows are also undeniably popular, this design incorporates some fall elements with a rainbow. Feel free to add some extra sparkle by using cosmetic glitter as well.
• Diamond FX Blurred Lines small split cake (or small split rainbow of your choice)
• Diamond FX black face paint
• Diamond FX white face paint
• #3 round brush
• #1 round brush
• 3/4-inch flat brush or 1-inch flat brush
1. Begin by loading your large flat brush from your small split cake and making a C-shape around the eye area. This takes a little practice so you have nice sharp points at the ends of your rainbow rather than chisel-shapes.
2. Using the #3 round brush and Diamond FX white, add some dots, starbursts, and a moon to the rainbow. Technically, if the bats are out, you wouldn’t be able to see a rainbow, but we’re having fun taking artistic license with our design.
3. Load the #3 round brush with black and make three long teardrop shapes which come to a point at each end of the rainbow.
You can either use the #1 round or the tip of the #3 round to make the webbing which connects the teardrops. To add the little spider, I used the #1 round.
4. Each bat is made of a small dot with two shallow, upside down v-shapes on either side for the wings.
To complete each wing, flick several small tear drops from the apex of the v-shape downward. Keep them short.
5. Add a few more bats to your design, and it will be finished.
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: Adult, Animals, Bat, Beth MacKinney, Designs, Halloween, Holidays & Seasons, Kids, Other, Rainbow