A fun mask. It’s nice to have a few different styles of masks. This is one of my favorite.
Colors used in this picture:
White Face Paint
Paradise Makeup AQ Face Paint – Coral
Diamond FX Face Paints – Metallic Gold
Tag Body Art Pearl Purple
Red Face Paint
Kryolan Face Paints – UV Dayglow Pink
Kryolan Face Paints – UV Dayglow Orange
Global Body Art Face Paint – Standard Magenta
TAG Face Paints – Berry Wine
Diamond FX Face Paints – Dark Blue
1. Using the coral paint, and the flat brush, paint a mask framing the eyes.
2. Paint the background for the roses using red and magenta.
3. Using the berry wine, add feathers outlines coming from the top and bottom of the roses. I draw the center line first, then I add lines up and down the center line to make the feather look.
4. Using the small round brush, paint diagonal lines across the mask. I usually start on on side, spacing each diagonal line evenly. Then I come across from the other side, adding diagonal lines in the opposite direction.
5. Next, using the metallic gold, Paint an outline around the mask. I added a few swirls along the way. I also painted the inner part of the mask around the eyes.
6. Using the dark blue paint the inside of the roses. Start the rose in the center making a spiral shape, then continue the pattern outside making a loose triangle shape. Add a few swirls. Fill in the feathers using different colors. I used orange, magenta, and purple.
That’s it! Enjoy!
Amy Liza Williams is a face & body artist who resides in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Asheville NC. She is the owner of Asheville face & body Art, a collective of quality artists who work as a team to provide many body art services & smiles.
Share this post
- Tags: Amy Liza Williams, Asheville, cute, Design Ideas, face art, face paint, face painter, face painting, facepaint.com, Feather, how to, mask, masquerade, NYE, quick, rose, simple, tutorial