Easy Rainbow One Stoke Butterfly Eye Design
Who doesn’t want a rainbow butterfly design? I do! This design can be done quickly, and will please older girls, and ladies who want to join in on the fun, but might not want their whole face painted. The one stroke technique is a great way to make vivid and eye catching designs very quick and easy.
paper towels or cloth
(optional) Fine Mist Spray bottle with water
(optional) Baby wipes
Colors used in this picture:
1. First we will want to add the rainbow around the eye. This can be done using the 1 inch flat brush and the rainbow cake using just a few brush stokes. Load the brush by adding a very small amount of water to the paint, and moving it back and forth over the paint in the same direction as the stripes. You will know it’s loaded when you feel a drag or resistance, and you can see the rainbow paint on your brush.
2. Start with the purple edge of the brush touching the corner of the eye, and at a angle to start the wings. Move the brush up, and over to create circle shapes, and ending back at the corner of the eye.
3. Using the medium round brush, trace around the outer edge of the butterfly. Add a little body for the butterfly so it’s resting on the eye.
4. Add some black swirls and and below the butterfly, however you would like to arrange. Add some black teardrops inside the butterfly for detail.
5. Add white dots to the outer edge of the butterfly, and over the black details inside the wing. Add whites and swirls to the other corner of the eye as well.
Adding Glitter or stick & peel gems would be perfect.
Easily add glitter by using a spray bottle with water, and spritzing the design lightly at least 12 inches away. Use a poof-able cosmetic grade glitter to add evenly all around. Use different colors to really create an effect.
Thank you for reading. We always love to hear from you! Please comment below.
By Amy Liza Williams on