Here is a nice tropical sunset. Perfect for this time of year as it is cold, and I want to think about warm things! Wouldn’t it be nice to be in Key West right now in 80 degrees of warmth and sand? We’ll lets design our own warm paradise. Here’s how to do it.
paper towels or cloth
(optional) Fine Mist Spray bottle with water
(optional) Baby wipes
Colors used in this picture:
1. Starting with the blue face paint and the medium round brush, paint a square where you want your design to go.
2. Next add the sun. Starting with yellow at the center add orange, then red blending at the edges of where the colors meet.
3. Now using the black face paint, frame one side of the sunset with the trunk of the palm tree. Use the brush to flick outwards on each side of the tree truck to create the silhouette of the tree.
4. Add 5 or 6 curved lines coming from the top and center of the tree trunk. This will create the large palm leaves.
5. Now using the smaller round brush, add long curved brush strokes on the bottom side of each branch. You’ll want to start at the top of the branch and flick down all pointing in one direction. Fill in and frame around the existing sunset with the black paint.
6. Finally, Add highlights and details. Starting with the yellow paint and the small round brush, add highlights to the tree. Add small dashes in the water underneath the yellow sun. Have the dashes meet at a point in the middle of the water. Add orange dashes between the yellow.
Add Glitter to this to really make it sparkle.
Thank you for reading. Hope you enjoy! Stay warm!