How to paint a beautiful Sunflower
Sunflowers are great because they remind us of the sun, and bring a warmth and brightness to any cheek or arm! You can also change the color of the petals and inside to create another flower design.
paper towels or cloth
(optional) Fine Mist Spray bottle with water
(optional) Baby wipes
Colors used in this picture:
1. Starting with the yellow face paint, and the medium round brush paint a top petal where you want your design to go. You can paint this petal with one teardrop stoke.
2. Next paint three additional petals, one 90 degrees to the left, one 90 degrees to the right, and one directly underneath. They will all point to the center. It will look like a cross.
3. Continue to place an additional petal in between each one in the cross pattern. This will help to create organization and structure for the design to form around. Once you have a star shape pattern, then you can start at one end, and just add petals across to the other end.
4. Continue to add petals to fill out the space fully.
5. Add a copper metallic circle in the middle.
6. Using the small round brush, Add small little dots in the middle of the flower using brown. Trace around the outside of the petals as well.
7. Finally add white swirls, and dots. Add a few star burst as well.
Easily add glitter by using a spray bottle with water, and spritzing the design lightly at least 12 inches away. Use a poof-able cosmetic grade glitter to add evenly all around. Use different colors to really create an effect
Thank you for viewing! Let us know what you think in the comments below!
By Amy Liza Williams on