How to Paint a T.A.R.D.I.S. from Dr. Who
The T.A.R.D.I.S. stands for Time And Relevant Dimension In Space, and is the famous flying Time Machine Space Ship of the Doctor. “Doctor Who” you may ask? Why Dr. Who of course! The oldest running tv series is still by far one of the most popular sci fi shows out there, and is enjoyed by generations. Who is your favorite Dr?
paper towels or cloth
(optional) Fine Mist Spray bottle with water
(optional) Baby wipes
Colors used in this picture:
1. Using the medium filbert brush, and the blue face paint, make a rectangle shape. Add another rectangle shape at the bottom.
2. Next, you’ll want to add three tiers of long rectangles on top. Add the light that goes on the top of the TARDIS, using the light blue face paint. Add two windows on top, and a white square for the writing on the box. Paint a line going down the middle for the doors.
3. Now you’ll want to fill in the design, using the medium filbert brush and the blue face paint. Add crisscross lines for the windows and for the light at the top. Add a black band going across the top bar of the TARDIS.
4.Using the small round brush, outline the design. Add additional small rectangles to create the panels of the door. You can stop here for a simple TARDIS. If you have time add some time traveling space adventure background!
5. Starting the medium flibert brush, and the rainbow splitcake, load both yellow and orange on to the brush. Start adding swirls around the TARDIS. Repeat using orange & red. Add blue swirls.
6. Finally, using the small round brush and the white, add the words “POLICE BOX” to the black bar at the top. Add dots and swirls around the box to make it come to life. Add yellow glitter at the top where the light is, and add blue glitter to the box.
oh by the way, Don’t Blink!
By Amy Liza Williams on
Share this Article