How to paint a Rose
- Use contrasting colors to make it pop.
- Try using different colors for your roses and see which one you like best!
Colors Used In This Picture:
2. Using the black face paint and the #4 brush, start at the center of the rose, and draw a little spiral in the middle. Continue to draw spirals going outwards from the center of the design. Outline the outside edges as well.
3. Next using the light green draw two large leaves on each side of the rose. Draw two curvy lines that meet at a point, and then fill in. Using the metallic green, draw shading on one side of the leaf.
4. Outline the leaves in black. starting at the base of the leaf, draw a line coming up through the center. Make small quick brushmarks along the line to create details.
5. Finally, finish in white, creating small highlights. Add a star burs or two, and you have a beautiful rose. Add vines around your design to make it detailed.
By Beth MacKinney on
Share this Article