How to paint a Fierce Red T-Rex! Grrr
Here is our second dinosaur in a series of 4. Sometimes when a child request something like a lizard or a dinosaur, they really want to see teeth and sharp claws. T-rex delivers lots of sharp teeth and claws for the extra scary and tough factor. Here’s how to do it:
paper towels or cloth
(optional) Fine Mist Spray bottle with water
(optional) Baby wipes
Colors used in this picture:
1. Starting with the filbert brush, and the flame split cake, load the brush with both red and orange. Paint the head of the T-rex first. Make sure the orange is facing towards the inside, and the red is on the outer edge. Don’t worry about blending the colors. It will all come out fine.
2. Continue to add the arms, and torso of the T-Rex.
3. Add the tail and the hind legs.
4. Using the round brush, grab some orange from the flame split cake. Add squiggly tear drop shapes to add the zig zag lines on the back of the T-Rex. Just press down first with the brush and pull up and wiggle. Add white dots on top of the orange, and add the teeth and claws. You can paint them quickly by pressing down halfway with the round brush, then flicking up.
5. Finally, using the small round brush, outline your design. Add a black dot to create the eye. Add more small black dots on the back, next to the white dots.
Scary Dino Rawr!
By Amy Liza Williams on
Share this Article