Cornucopia is Latin for “horn of plenty”! It represents abundance, nourishment, the bounty of the harvest. This symbol is represented commonly with Thanksgiving. It’s also fun and easy to paint! You can add lots of different things, such as fruit, nuts, vegetables, flowers, and arrange in all different types of ways. Below is my version of a easy step by step to paint.
paper towels or cloth
(optional) Fine Mist Spray bottle with water
(optional) Baby wipes
Colors used in this picture:
Black Face Paint
White Face Paint
Yellow Face Paint
Orange Face Paint
Red Face Paint
Purple Face Paint
Brown Face Paint
Diamond FX Face Paints – Metallic Green
Diamond FX Face Paints – Metallic Cooper
1. Starting with the medium round brush, and the metallic cooper paint, paint a “C” shape for the opening of the horn shaped basket.
2. Next, paint two curved lines on each end of the C shape. Make sure they curve around and meet in a point. Fill in the shape with the Metallic Copper paint.
3. Now is the time to start filling up the space with lots of veggies. Add a orange pumpkin, and two foot ball shapes for the corn.
4. Add some apples and an eggplant.
5. Next add some oranges, winter squash, and grapes.
7. Using the small round brush and the brown face paint, add details to the design. Add curved lines across the horn. Give the pumpkin a stem, and add a few curved lines going down the side to give shadows.
8. With the black paint and the small brush, outline the design. Go along edges, and add a chris cross shape to the corn.
9. Finally, add a little bit of white face paint for highlights.
Add glitter to the design to really make it stand out. Photos don’t seem to capture how sparklie and pretty it really makes the colors and design look.
Please comment below! Share with us how your painting turned out. Thanks for Viewing!
Share this post