Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with a Sneakadoodle Leprechaun
Introducing a special element of fun to your face painting will give it an extra appeal for adults as well as children. Sneakadoodles, which peak out of the hairline, are a great way to do this.
• Paradise Amazon green face paint
• Diamond FX white face paint
• Diamond FX black face paint
• Paradise orange face paint
• Paradise red face paint
• Paradise light brown face paint
• Paradise yellow face paint
• Paradise brilliant gold
• One stroke rainbow cake
• Flat 3/4 inch or one inch brush
• #5 round brush
• #1 round brush
1. Begin by painting your Sneakadoodle leprechaun face upside down with a #5 round brush on the side of the face where the hair parts. (Use the Diamond FX white, a little yellow, and a little red to mix the skin color. You might also need to add a bit of brown to the mixture.) Use the Amazon green to give him a hat. I mixed some red and orange for the hair, eyebrows, and mustache. Use Diamond FX white for the eyes.
2. Use your one stroke rainbow and a flat 3/4 inch or one inch brush to make a rainbow which arches over the eye on the opposite side of the face from your leprechaun.
3. Using the Diamond FX black and the Paradise brilliant gold and your #5 round brush, create a small black pot at the end of the rainbow, covered by a pile of gold.
4. After this, all your basic color shapes are completed, and we’re going to begin adding our black detailed line work. Using a #1 round brush and the Diamond FX black, carefully outline the leprechaun, staying up on the tip of your brush. (For the best results, the brush should be perpendicular to the surface of the face.)
5. Also using the Diamond FX black and the #1 round brush, outline the gold in the pot and add flattened circular shapes for some of the coins.
6. Add highlights and stars to your design with Diamond FX white and the #1 round brush.
I hope you enjoy your St. Patrick’s Day Sneakadoodle design. Stop by the blog for more Sneakadoodle tutorials in the coming weeks.
By Beth MacKinney on
Share this Article