A shooting star ~ Make a wish!
I had a girl request a shooting star design at an event last weekend. It was such a great idea, and fast to do I thought it would be great to perfect and add to my designs. This is what I came up with.
paper towels or cloth
(optional) Fine Mist Spray bottle with water
(optional) Baby wipes
Colors used in this picture:
1. Starting with the rainbow cake and a 1 inch or 3/4″ brush, swipe a curved line across the side of the face. Make sure to stop with plenty of room to add the star.
2. Turn the brush over, and add another swoop along the other side. Make sure the end colors match. So in mine the blue colors on each swipe match up. Make sure to let the swoops create a point. This is where the start of the star will go. You will want to make sure to not overlap the rainbow paint and the star, for it will bleed and be hard to conceal.
3. Paint the outline of the star, by starting at the corner and painting a straight line to each point, letting it overlap until you have your shape. This outline really helps to keep stars looking even and straight.
3. Next, add white swirls on top of the rainbow. Add dots, swirls, star burst. Add whatever you would like to make it yours. Fill in the star with yellow.
4. To balance the design, add a few white swirls on the other cheek.
5. Finally, outline the star with orange. If you like you can trace around the white swirls as well if you have more time to create an elaborate design.
I like to add yellow glitter to the star. To concentrate the glitter in one spot, I will either wet a brush or use my finger and apply directly to the yellow.
Now your newly found shooting star can make a special wish!
By Amy Liza Williams on