You can feel in the air that summer is drawing to a close, and it’s time to move on to the fall designs, but I thought it would be fun to share at least one more rainbow and butterfly design from the warm weather before we pack up our t-shirts and shorts for cooler temperatures.
• Kryvaline Summer Sunset split cake
• Diamond FX Monsoon small split cake
• 3/4-inch flat brush
• #2 round brush
• #6 round brush
• Diamond FX white face paint
• Diamond FX black face paint
• Cosmetic glitter
• Paradise wild orchid face paint
• TAG medium green face paint
1. Load your sponge from your Kryvaline Summer Sunset split cake by spritzing the sponge and the cake with a little water and moving the flat side of the sponge over it to pick up the face paint. On the upper arm, make a quarter circle with the sponge. Sprinkle the area with cosmetic glitter while it’s damp.
2. Below the quarter circle, use the 3/4-inch brush loaded from your favorite small one-stroke split cake to create your butterfly. Begin with two lines at approximately a 45º angle, with the outer edge with your darkest color. This design only takes about five strokes per side, so it’s quick and easy.
3. Load your #6 round brush with white and dip the tip in your color of choice. (I preferred to use Paradise wild orchid for this design.) Make press petal flowers here and there, using an odd number for the design.
4. The design will look pretty bland until you add the black outline. Black is not as forgiving a color for outlining, so practice will help you make your butterflies with cleaner lines. Using a black such as Global Strong Black or Wolfe or Diamond FX black will make any outlining easier to do.
5. Add white dots to the centers of the flowers, as well as adding white dots and starbursts around your design. In one version of this, I also added white swirls, but that’s up to you. Enjoy your butterfly, and enjoy the summer while it lasts!
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: arm, art, Barrington, Bartlett, Beth MacKinney, butterfly, Chicago, cute, design, Design Ideas, designs, dfx, easy, Elgin, face paint, face painter, face painting, facepaint, fast, floral, flower, fun, girl design, Hoffman Estates, how to, Illinois, pretty, quick, rainbow, simple, tutorial