Here is a fun and simple rainbow fox! This design is using mostly powder pigments so it’s great for teens, or adult designs. Powder pigments are also great for hot weather, when it gets hot and humid. Like Texas in the summer hot. Face paints can sometimes melt away, but products like, Mehron Starblends, just stay right on. I don’t know about you, but I like to think about the upcoming summer season, as outside is a frosty winter covered snow land.
paper towels or cloth
(optional) Fine Mist Spray bottle with water
(optional) Baby wipes
Colors used in this picture:
1. Starting with the hydra sponge and the white starblend cake, add white all round the eyes and over the nose to create a mask.
2. Using the Ben Nye Lumiere pallet, use the filbert brush and add hot pink all around the mask. Make sure to create two points for the ears. Next go round the pink with the orange. Make sure to blend in. Add light shading to the eyes using those colors and add some white shimmer powder pigment to the inner corner of the eyes, add yellow to the lids, blend.
3. Using the magenta face paint and the hydra sponge, add little bits of paint on the cheeks and edges to make even brighter. Use the orange face paint as well. You can go back over with the shimmer powder pigments to blend, contour, and create cool color layered effects.
4. Using the hydra sponge and the magenta, add color to the lips. While the paint is still wet, add the hot pink shimmer powder to the middle of the lips.
5. Using the small round brush and the black face paint, outline the design. Create a outline of a triangle on the nose, then fill in using the magenta face paint. add whispy fur on the sides, some ears, and a line on each side of the nose, the follow it up and to the brow line. Add a little liner over the eyelids, some dots for whiskers, and two side swoops coming up from each corner of the mouth to define the fox face.
6. Add some fur, and you are ready to go!