Designs with animation potential are especially fun for both children and adults we face paint. This grumpy fish should get some laughs for the person you face paint at events, just because it has such a disgruntled expression. Try out different color combinations and change the expression to fit the person in your chair.
• Orange face paint (TAG used in example)
• Yellow face paint (TAG)
• Green face paint (TAG or a green small one-stroke)
• Light blue face paint (Paradise)
• Pearl white face paint (TAG)
• Pearl lilac/lavender face paint (TAG)
• Dark blue face paint (Global)
• Black face paint (Diamond FX or Wolfe)
• White face paint (Diamond FX or Wolfe)
• Filbert brush
• #2 round brush
• #5 round brush
• 1/2-inch flat brush
• Fish scale stencil (HAS5001 Organic set)
Beth MacKinney is the owner of and primary face painter for Face Paint Pizzazz in Elgin, Illinois, and her artwork has appeared in The Colored Palette and SkinMarkz magazines. She services the western and northwestern Chicago suburbs, Chicago’s north side, and the eastern and southeastern suburbs of Rockford. Stop by Clownantics.com to enjoy more of Beth’s face painting tutorials.