This lovely mermaid mask is inspired by Natalee Davies’ gorgeous butterfly designs which I’ve long admired. The mermaid mask shape makes it a quick design for events if you use the Always Wicked butterfly sponges, and the stenciled textures and extra bling put it over the edge is as a gorgeous party mask for young mermaid enthusiasts. Stop by my bling tiara tutorial to learn how to make these delicate bling accessories which will impress your clients, and I hope you enjoy the video tutorial.
• Global small split London
• Global Sri Lanka split cake
• TAG or Wolfe pearl blue (opt)
• BAM stencil fish scales or HAS5001 stencil set
• Always Wicked butterfly sponge
• Sponge or dauber
• White face paint
• #4 or #5 round brush
• Angle brush (approximately 5/8-inch in size)
• Ice blue cosmetic glitter
• Sea green cosmetic glitter
• Liquid bling (silver)
Beth MacKinney is the owner of and primary face painter for Face Paint Pizzazz in Elgin, Illinois, and her artwork has appeared in The Colored Palette and SkinMarkz magazines. She services the western and northwestern Chicago suburbs, Chicago’s north side, and the eastern and southeastern suburbs of Rockford. Stop by Clownantics.com to enjoy more of Beth’s face painting tutorials.