This week it’s all about the dads, so here is a second variation on the graffiti-style lettering design. (I created these specifically as a request for a Father’s Day event coming up this weekend.) This one is a little more detailed, since I’ve added some stenciling to it as well, but it’s sure to please the monster lovers at your events.
• Paradise dark green face paint
• Paradise light green face paint
• Paradise red face paint
• Diamond FX black face paint
• Diamond FX white face paint
• #4 round brush
• #1 round brush
• BAM reptile or monster texture stencil
1. I chose Paradise greens for this because they’re a little more subdued, and reptilian skin tends to be a less vibrant green, but if you’d like to bump it up with brighter colors, just go with Paradise lime green and Paradise Amazon green or switch to the TAG greens, which tend to be brighter. Begin by loading your sponge with the light green and the dark green and tap your letter shapes on the skin. Make sure you start with the bottom letter, since it will overlap the others, and go up from there.
2. Next, use your #4 round brush and white to create some fangs or teeth on the outer edge of your design.
Now is also a good time to use the BAM monster texture stencil of your choice and a sponge with dark green to add a beautiful monster texture to the letters. Make sure your sponge isn’t too wet for this, or it will spread under the stencil and won’t give you a good image.
3. With your #1 round brush, create some outlines around the letters and the teeth and fangs. I spent a little extra time with this design, putting some small lines within the teeth as well, as it’s a nice effect and makes them look a little more real. I also added some black dots, because this gives even more texture to your monster letters.
4. Finally, it’s time for the highlights. At this stage, I also added some hearts, but if the person in the chair doesn’t want them, it’s fine to omit them. I put them in so you could see how they would look, and since red and green are complementary colors, they work especially well together in this design.
Enjoy these great Father’s Day designs, and I hope they provide a special addition to your Father’s Day board.
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: Adult, Arm, Beth MacKinney, Body, Body Area, Characters, Designs, Father's Day, halloween, Holidays & Seasons, Kids, Monster