More Butterfly designs! Yes, they are popular and there are so many different ways to do a butterfly. I Here is a great one for Forth of July!
Colors used in this picture:
1. Starting with a hydra sponge cut in half, load one side of the sponge with white, and the other side with blue. Start at the corner of the eye with the white, and pounce. Add to both the top and bottom of the eye. Next, add blue by pouncing the part of the sponge with blue. Blend the colors together to create an interesting effect.
2. Using a medium round brush, add blue to outline the outer edges. Add a few tear drops at the outside corner of the eye.
3. Now you will want to go over the outer edges again in red. Add more details than the blue. Outline the teardrops, and add a swirl to the bottom part of the design.
4. Finally, using the smaller round brush, add white details. Outline the corner edges of the design only in white. Add lots of star bursts, and dots. This is a great design for glitter.
Easily add glitter by using a spray bottle with water, and spritzing the design lightly at least 12 inches away. Use a poof-able cosmetic grade glitter to add evenly all around. Use different colors to really create an effect.
Amy Liza Williams is a Face & Body Artist who resides in Asheville NC and is the owner of Asheville face & body Art, An artist collective.
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: abstract, America, Amy Liza Williams, art, butterfly, celebration, cool, cute, design, Design Ideas, designs, easy, Eye design, face art, face paint, facepaint.com, Firework, flag, Forth of July, fun, Holiday, how to, Independence, Independence Day, one eye, patriotic, pretty, quick, simple, tutorial