In our part of the country, I’ve been enjoying the gorgeous fall colors this year, so I thought I’d use some rich metallic oranges and reds for this glamorous pegasus/butterfly design. I hope you enjoy trying it out yourself.
• Brilliant Bling rainbow cake
• Kryvaline Glowgaze rainbow cake
• Paradise silver
• Diamond FX white
• Diamond FX black
• 1/2-inch flat brush
• #5 round brush
• #2 round brush
• Gold glitter
• Silver glitter
1. Load your sponge from the Brilliant Bling rainbow cake and create a butterfly shape on the face. Make sure that the bottom half of the butterfly isn’t too large.
Add gold glitter to the butterfly wings while they’re still damp.
2. Load one half of the flat side of a sponge from the purple and blue on the Kryvaline Glowgaze split cake with the purple on the end. Load the other end with Paradise silver. Keeping the purple on the top of the forehead, sponge the center of the forehead between the butterfly wings. Add silver glitter in this center area.
3. Load your #5 round brush from the colors at the opposite side of the Brilliant Bling split cake. The pegasus will be from the golden end. The pony’s mane will be from the red end of the split cake.
4. Load your 1/2-inch flat brush from the darkest end of the Brilliant Bling split cake and define the edges of the butterfly wings, drawing it in and toward the center of the eye. These lines won’t be dark, but they will create some veins on the butterfly wings. Load your #2 round brush with Diamond FX white so you can create small dots and starbursts in the sky above the pony, and also add the white dot for they eye and a few wisps in the mane.
5. Outline the pony and the wings with black. While the black is still damp, use a dry brush to blend the black into the butterfly wings and toward the eyes.
By doing the same blending with black on the mane, it will give your design a beautiful, rich look. Blend down from the upper edges.
6. As a final step, use your #5 round brush to add some white dots to the wings and reestablish your highlights on the pony.
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: art, Barrington, Bartlett, Beth MacKinney, butterfly, Chicago, cute, design, Design Ideas, designs, Elgin, Eye design, face, face art, face paint, face painter, face painting, facepaint, facepaint.com, girl design, Glamorous, Hoffman Estates, how to, Illinois, pegasus, pony, pretty, Schaumburg, tutorial