With Face Painting, while a nice detailed full face painting might look great, and gain the attention of a younger fan, they might not be able to sit still long enough to paint it on them. Or sometimes the parents want something that won’t smear when the child eats or takes a nap. Usually when you avoid the mouth, and make a mask the painting can last all day and look decent. That is why it’s always good to have a simpler version of the full face designs on hand for the little ones to try out.
paper towels or cloth
(optional) Fine Mist Spray bottle with water
(optional) Baby wipes
Colors used in this picture:
1. Starting with the round brush and the white face paint, start to paint an outline of the design. Paint across the nose and down on each side. Then paint two half circles the bottom cheek right above the corner of the mouth.
2. Next, using black and a medium round brush, paint a line across the top of the eyes, like a pair of sunglasses. Curve around and under each eye, then meet up at the center line. Fill in using the flat brush, both the black and white.
3. With the medium round brush, add details. Paint a black dot on the bottom cheeks. Paint a circle around both dots, leaving it open a little. Paint a line to the corner eye. Paint a triangle shape over the nose, one part going over the tip of the nose, and over to connect with the circle, and the other part going over the bridge of the nose and connecting again on the other side. Paint vertical lines in between the triangle shape.
4. Just a few more details. Paint a large black band going across the forehead, close to the eyes. Paint a series of “C ” shaped lines along each cheek. There you have it. A simpler version for the wiggly worms!
Amy Liza Williams is a face & body artist who resides in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Asheville NC. She is the owner of Asheville face & body Art, a collective of quality artists who work as a team to provide artistic and professional services & smiles.
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: Amy Liza Williams, art, Asheville NC, childrens design, design, Design Ideas, easy, face, face art, face paint, face painter, face painting, facepaint, facepaint.com, fast, for kids, kids, little children, mask, quick, smaller children, star wars, storm trooper, wiggly