Using neon colors for day designs can look super cute and appealing to older kids. Here is a simple way to do a neon kitty face. Here I am using a practice head. Using a 3D surface is really great practice. Since the face is curved and is 3D, having a surface to learn the curves and shapes of a face can really help you learn a design much quicker. Especially if you have never had a chance to work with 3d surfaces before. You can also use a mask to practice on as well.
paper towels or cloth
(optional) Fine Mist Spray bottle with water
(optional) Baby wipes
Colors used in this picture:
1. Using regular white face paint, and a hydra sponge add paint to the area over and around the eyes. and underneath the nose and above the lip. Add a triangle shape over each eye to make the ears.
2. Using neon orange, and a hydra sponge add some color around the design. Add a round circle of orange between the two ears. Trace around the ears, and blend in underneath the eyes and over to the nose.
3. Now take the neon pink and blend in with the orange. Add to the nose, and especially on the cheeks, like blush.
4. Using a medium round brush, add light blue curvy lines to the sides to create fur. Add some extra fur marks in the center between the ears. Now add some stars and dots on the cheeks.
5. Finally, outline in black. Add some light liner over the eyes, Trace around the ears, and add extra fur marks on each side. Trace around the nose, and bring down the center to the top lip. Curve around the sides of the mouth. Add dots for whiskers. Add some glitter and this face will be glowing!
Share this post
- Tags: 80's, 80's cat, Amy Liza Williams, art, cat, cute, design, Design Ideas, easy, face, face painting, fun, girl design, how to, kitty, neon, painting, simple, stars, tutorial