Pandas are picky when it comes to food. They love bamboo, however, so the Sneakadoodle Panda would love your help locating some for his lunch.
1. Choose the right or left side of the forehead at the hairline for the placement of your panda face. If you find it easiest to begin by making an outline for your panda face, you can do this by using a small round brush such as the #1 or #2 and Diamond FX white to make an oval. Inside, make two smaller circles, each with a small white dot inside.
Since the basic shape of the panda is fairly simple, you might want to completely color in the shape right away with black and white as shown below. Use the #5 round brush for the white and the #2 round for the black, adding a few simple details such as two black ears, a triangular shaped nose, and a small mouth.
2. On the opposite side of the face, add several vertical lines with your #5 round brush and Paradise light green. These are going to become your bamboo stalks.
3. Using the #2 brush and the Paradise dark green, create L shapes down the left side of each bamboo stalk as it shows in the photo. After you finish, make a few lines which come out from the stalks and have long, slender leaves. (Remember to curve in the back of the L a little to simulate the shape of bamboo.)
4. Using the #1 round brush and the Diamond FX black, first outline your bamboo leaves and shoots. Then go back down the stalks with the same method you used for the dark green, placing the black to the outside and below your dark green lines. On the opposite side of the bamboo, use your #1 brush and the Diamond FX white to add curved white highlight lines along the edges of your bamboo stalks.
5. As a final step, add black outlines around the outside of your Sneakadoodle Panda’s head and a few white highlights to the ears with your #1 round, and you’re finished!
Share this post
- Tags: animal, art, bamboo, boy design, cheek art, cool, Design Ideas, designs, dfx, easy, face art, face paint, face painting, facepaint, facepaint.com, fun, girl design, panda, simple, sneakaboo, Sneakadoodle