Tutorial: One-Stroke Holiday Ivy Design
A fast one stroke design for the holidays that is easy to do.
paper towels or cloth
(optional) Fine Mist Spray bottle with water
(optional) Baby wipes
Colors used in this picture:
1.Use the split cake and the 1 inch brush or 3/4 inch brush by taking a moment and really working the brush over the paint. If you want to know how to load a one stroke, then refer to the One stroke & Split Cake Tutorial. Starting with the flat brush, start at the upper corner of the eye. Make two “u” shapes in a row, then twist brush to make a point. Make sure the darker color in the one stroke cake is on the outer edge.
2. Flip the brush over, and repeat on the other side.
3. Paint another leaf on the cheek under the eye.
4. Using the red paint and a round brush, paint three circles overlapping each other in between the leaves.
5. Using a small round brush, outline the design with black.
6. Add some yellow swirls around the ivy.
7. Finally, add white to the design. Outline the swirls and inside the leaves. Also add some shine to the berries as well.
A pretty design for the Holidays. Adding glitter to this would so pretty especially under Christmas lights! I recommend these glitters. they are translucent so they do not cover up the design but enhance it.
By Amy Liza Williams on