A Sugar skull designs are always fun to paint on a cheek or an arm for someone who doesn’t want a full dia de los Murtos mask. They are a lot quicker to do to! This is a simple and easy design, and there are plenty of different ways to change it up. You can do roses, or crosses instead of a spider web, or really anything you feel that would fit.
Colors used in this picture:
Diamond FX Essential Black
Diamond FX Essential White
Tag Body Art Yellow
Tag Body Art Orange
Tag Body Art Rose
Wolfe Face Paints Red
Tag Body Art Pearl Purple
TAG Face Paints – Berry Wine
Diamond FX Face Paints – Metallic Green
1. Paint the base of the skull, using the white face paint and a number 4 brush. It;s shaped like a light bulb almost. First paint a circle then a oval shape underneath.
2. Next add the eyes and the nose using the black face paint.
3. Next paint the spider web on the forehead, leaving room for the heart. Paint the teeth, and the outline the outside of the skull. I made a mistake on the side of the mouth. I just covered it with white face paint, and let dry. I’ll go over it later in the design, and you won’t even notice!
4. decorate the skull with flowers and vines. in the middle of the spider web, paint a red heart. Starting with the yellow, paint three large petals on the chin. Next add orange, and repeat the shape only creating a smaller petal. Add red, then dark burgundy. Use the burgundy to paint smaller dots in the petals around the eyes.
5. Outline the design with the small #0 brush and the black face paint. Add to the center of the flowers, and the petals around the eyes. Outline the heart, and you are done. Add glitter if you would like!