Once again, my model came up with one of the best ideas. She selected the colors she wanted for the mask, and I chose a design which incorporated them. I hope you enjoy trying this lovely golden party mask at your next event!
• Paradise Brilliant gold face paint
• Kryvaline Metallic Glowgaze large split cake
• Diamond FX black face paint
• Diamond FX white face paint
• #1 round brush
• 1/2-inch flat brush or filbert
• 3/4-inch flat brush
• Gold cosmetic glitter
• Liquid gold glitter
• Mehron gold powder (to mix with face paint)
1. Load your 1/2 inch flat or filbert brush with Paradise gold. If you want the gold to be particularly opaque and intensely metallic, but a small amount of Mehron gold powder on your moistened Paradise gold first. Create a simple mask shape on the face, giving the eyes a cat’s-eye shape which curves up at the outer edges. If you’re going to add gold glitter to the mask, now is the best time for that, too, since your paint is wet.
2. Load your 3/4-inch brush from the center of the Kryvaline Glowgaze metallic split cake. (I wanted to use the pink, purple, and blue since those were the colors my model chose.)
One butterfly will go in the center of the mask. Be careful not to make it too large.
Two other butterflies will be placed at either side of the mask.
3. Load your #1 round brush with Diamond FX black to create the outlines on the butterflies.
4. Use the same brush and the Diamond FX black to outline the remaining parts of the mask which are visible. I usually ask my model to close her eyes when I’m working next to them. This keeps the model’s facial muscles still as well as protecting her from accidentally being poked with the brush.
5. Using the Diamond FX white, add some small dots to the butterfly wings and around the mask. Also add tiny starbursts around the mask.
6. As a final step, you can choose to add liquid bling in an outline around the butterflies and the mask. I like to do this if possible, since it gives the mask a greater visual impact. I hope you enjoy using this design for your own face painting events!
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: art, Barrington, Bartlett, Beth MacKinney, Chicago, cute, design, Design Ideas, designs, dfx, easy, Elgin, Eye design, face art, face paint, face painter, face painting, facepaint, facepaint.com, fantasy, fast, fun, girl design, gold, Hoffman Estates, Holiday, how to, Illinois, Inverness, mask, one stroke, party, pretty, quick, Schaumburg, simple, tutorial