I don’t know about you, but I get plenty of requests from the customers who can’t just pick one! I get the double and triple combo request, merging a few different designs into one, along with some custom add ons! I hear parents say “I don’t know if she can do that honey”, well I’ve learned you can! Why not right? So here is a blend of the most requested designs, the Snowflake Princess, and a Butterfly! Here how to do:
paper towels or cloth
(optional) Fine Mist Spray bottle with water
(optional) Baby wipes
1. Starting with a hydra sponge and a split cake, load the sponge adding a tiny bit of water, then dragging the sponge across the top of the split cake. Once the sponge has picked up plenty of paint, you then want to sponge on the color over the eye. Line up the corner of the sponge with the corner of the eye, and hold at a 45 degree angle. Press and dab and bunch of times. Use the lighter color from the split cake in the corner of the eye.
2. Pivot the sponge, and dab on paint on the cheek below.
3. Repeat on both sides.
4. Using a medium round brush, add tear drop shapes to the design.
5. Using the white paint, the hydra sponge, and a stencil, add snowflakes to the design. Load the sponge with the white paint, and let the paint be slightly less wet. You’ll want the paint to be tacky almost. This will ensure that the design does not bleed. Carefully remove the stencil as to not let smudge.
6. Using a small around brush, add small dots and starbursts around the design. Add extra elements to the snowflakes if you wish. Add a few tear drop shapes on the corners of the eyes.
7. Finally, outline the edges in black. Add some glitter and this Snowflake Princess Butterfly is ready to go!
Easily add glitter by using a spray bottle with water, and spritzing the design lightly at least 12 inches away. Use a poof-able cosmetic grade glitter to add evenly all around. Use different colors to really create an effect.