Congratulations to our April Instagram winner, Monique! For the month of May, the theme was "Candy" and Monique was the lucky winner of a $50 gift certificate to FacePaint.com. We hope you've treated yourself to some new paints!
To get to know our contests winners a little bit better, we've asked them a series of questions.
1. How long have you been face painting for?
2. What inspired you to start face painting?
"I started as an artistic painter of portraits - was an easy transition. I enjoy seeing people transform."
3. Do you have a favorite brand that you always use?
"Mehron, Festi Face, Tag, and Bo_buggles are by far my favorites."
4. Do you face paint professionally or as a hobby?
5. Did you study in school or are you a self taught artist?
"Combination of both."
6. What is your favorite design to face paint?
"My favorite is crown/tiaras."
7. Have you won any awards/competitions? If so, please share with us :)
"I have won quite a few but rather not list."
8. What is your favorite design that you've ever painted?
"Geez, that's a tough one I would say popart music base zombie I did on my husband.
9. Do you have website/social media you'd like to share?
10. Anything else you'd like to tell us about yourself? (a little introductory, fun facts, etc...)
"I am an army veteran. I am dedicated to making you look and feel amazing. And for your kids to have fun and feel like they are brighter than a star. I received my makeup certification from Ogle Hair, Skin, and Nails in 2009.Character and Master Film Makeup Certification From Cinema Makeup School in 2010. I also have art and business majors. Since 2011, I have dedicated my entire career to bringing out the inner beauty in all of my clients. Makeup is more than just colors to me — it’s a chance for people to step out of their everyday and into something new and wonderful. I offer a variety of services, and use proven techniques and top-of-the-line products. "