A feather can be simple and done alone, or you can add it to other designs that are more complicated. This one is very quick and simple and great for summer festivals.
Colors used in this picture:
1. First using the dark blue paint and a small round brush, paint the spine of the feather first.
2. From the spine paint an outline of a feather.
3. Paint a diagonal line from the stem to the outer edge of the feather, then paint another line that is parallel to the first. Fill in with color.
4. Next add red line next to the blue lines.
5. Finally using the light blue color in the rest of the feather. I made small lines over the dark blue on top of the feather.
add glitter to make this design stand out.
Easily add glitter by using a spray bottle with water, and spritzing the design lightly at least 12 inches away. Use a poof-able cosmetic grade glitter to add evenly all around. Use different colors to really create an effect.