It seems to me that most customers that get in my chair that are under 5, will always go for a Choo Choo Train! However, they happen to be the wiggly of them all! This design is what Im able to do for the wiggle worms. I’ll admit sometimes we don’t make it this far, and that’s okay. If you can tell right away that it’s going to be like painting a moving target, then just do the Engine and one cart. Or, do less detail. Make sure to do the wheels through. Even if you just manage to get two big ol blob of black for each cart, t’s not a Train, without wheels.
Colors used in this picture:
1. Using either the medium round brush or the medium filbert brush, and the light blue paint, paint two rectangle shapes together for the engine.
2. Continue to add more carts to the design, one after the other. For the next card I used green, then light blue, then red.
3. Using red, add a thick line for the roof of each cart. Then use orange to add detail to the engine and add a smoke stack, and add a line underneath the green car. Next, add a green line underneath the next cart, then finally a light blue line on the bottom of the last car. This step add color and interest to the design, but can be skipped.
4. Now use white to add windows to the cars, and add swirly lines coming from the smoke stack.
5. Finally, outline the design!. Start with the wheels. Add two small dots on each cart, add three for the engine. then add small thin, lines extending out from the center of the dot to create the spokes, then add a circle encompassing the spokes. Outline the trains, windows, and any other details you would like to add.
6. If there is time, ask the child if they want rail road tracks added. Sometimes this can be worth it to wait just a little bit longer, or sometimes that’s all the patience they got. If they are game, then simply add two silver lines underneath the train, then add tiny tick marks in brown going between the lines.
Add some glitter! I always offer glitter to both boys and girls, and many times the boys will be just as excited and happy to get some sparkles too. This would be perfect for a little sparkle.
Share this post
- Tags: Amy Liza Williams, art, Asheville NC, boy, design, Design Ideas, designs, easy, Eye design, face, face art, face paint, face painter, facepaint, facepaint.com, girl, how to, kid, little, quick, simple, train, tutorial