A heart design that’s out of this world
I recently had the opportunity to enjoy a family reunion with lots of kids and adults who wanted to be face painted, so I took advantage of it to experiment with one of my favorite techniques by RoxaRosa from her Stargazer design. Since I do a lot of hearts, I decided to see what my volunteer thought of this unusual heart, and she was pleased with the result. I hope your customers are as well, since it’s a quick and easy design.
1. First load your sponge from the Kryvaline split cake Glowgaze and sponge the colors randomly in the shape of a heart.
2. Load a second sponge with black and sponge some areas within the heart. Don’t worry about keeping the edge too neat, but do retain the general heart shape.
3. Create a ragged outline for the heart with your small round brush and pull some lightning-shaped lines out of it.
4. With the Paradise black, which is a great smudging black, add some extra black to the interior of the outline and use the larger round brush to pull the black in, creating a shadowed effect.
5. Finally, load your smallest round brush with Diamond FX white to dot the heart with small stars and starbursts. Put in a few extra highlights on the external lines and you’re finished.
By Elizabeth Mackinney on
Share this Article