One of the most helpful brush strokes to learn in face painting is the tear drop. It’s fast, and looks great. One can use it to create an entire mask, or as additions to other designs.
I use them quite regularly in my designs so here is a tutorial on how to create teardrops.
Colors Used in This Picture:
Step by Step Instructions on How to Face Paint Teardrops
1. Start with your round brush in a upright position.
2. Press down.
3. Twist and flick.
4. This will take some practice. You actually don’t have to twist, but it helps with learning. You’re pulling back with the brush as well as lifting up and flicking.
5. Practice, practice, practice. Here is a good practice design.
Start by creating one tear drop.
6. Add a small dot underneath that all the tear drops can point to. Add two more on each side.
7. Continue to add on each side, getting small and smaller. This would be a great princess crown center!
8. Continue to add all around. Practice making them fatter and shorter.
9. Add more tear drops on the side, keep filling in as much as you would like.
10. Using a small round brush, outline the design. It will take practice to do so, but with time this can be a quick process with great results.
I hope this helps! I know it will. Practice on colored construction paper, as well on actual skin. The more you practice, the faster and easier it will get!
Happy Painting !