Butterflies are one of the most requested designs for face painters. This pretty pink butterfly with a simple heart for the butterfly body can be particularly popular with girls, especially if you add liquid bling and glitter. Any pink and purple split cake will work for the base, but mine is a custom split created with Global purple, Global magenta, TAG pearl rose, Global pink, and TAG pearl white. Check out the materials list below if you’d like to follow along with the video and create your own beautiful butterfly.
• Tear drop sponge
• Small tear drop brush (Paint Pal)
• #1 round brush (Loew Cornell)
• #4 round brush (Mark Reid)
• #5 round brush (Loew Cornell)
• Global magenta for heart
• Global purple or magenta for dark outline
• TAG Green
• Pink and purple split cake
• Diamond FX white
I hope you enjoyed watching the video. Please post your own butterflies in the comments. I’d love to see them!
Beth MacKinney is the owner of and primary face painter for Face Paint Pizzazz in the NW Chicago suburbs. Stop by Clownantics.com for more of her face painting tutorials. Beth also writes for Examiner.com as the Chicago Face Painting Examiner.
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: Barrington, Beth MacKinney, butterfly, Chicago, Crystal Lake, design, Design Ideas, Elgin, example, face paint, face painter, face painting, Flowers, Gilberts, girl design, glitter, Hoffman Estates, Huntley, Illinois, Killdeer, Lake in the Hills, learning, pretty, Schaumburg, South Barrington, tutorial, video