Tutorial: Fast & Easy Tie Dye Grateful Dead Bear Design
It’s Festival season! Who doesn’t like a color tie dye Grateful Dead bear? This design can easily be turned into a teddy bear, or another animal of choice.
Colors used in this picture:
1. Starting with the hydra sponge cut in half, Use the smaller edge to load the one stroke cake. Ponce the sponge over the area you want to cover. Make a circle to start the head of the bear.
2. Continue to add the basic shape of the body, and add ears to the head.
3. Add arms and legs.
4. Using black and the small round brush, start to outline the shapes. I always like to start with the face and work out from there. Add two eyes, nose, mouth and ears.
5. Continue to trace the complete outline of the bear. Adding the spiked collar, and adding a few wiggly lines to suggest movement.
6. Finally, add all the colors! Using the small round brush add different swirls of color coming out from the design. Make some lines straight and some curved.
Easily add glitter by using a spray bottle with water, and spritzing the design lightly at least 12 inches away. Use a poof-able cosmetic grade glitter to add evenly all around. Use different colors to really create an effect.
Thanks so much for viewing. I have you have been inspired.
Amy Liza Williams is a face & body artist who resides in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Asheville NC. She is the owner of Asheville face & body Art, a collective of quality artists who work as a team to provide many artistic and costuming services & smiles.
www.ashevillefaceandbodyart.com or www.facebook.com/ashevillefaceandbodypainting
By Amy Liza Williams on