While many parties have themes which are used frequently, such as those for Disney princesses or superheroes, once in awhile you come across one which is not so common. Last weekend I had one of these rare themes with a Willy Wonka party. In order to prepare for it, I created some new designs, and I thought I’d share one of them with you this week.
• Diamond FX black face paint
• Diamond FX white face paint
• Paradise purple face paint
• Paradise lavender face paint
• Paradise dark pink face paint
• Paradise orange face paint
• Paradise teal face paint
• Paradise yellow face paint
• Paradise white face paint
• TAG pearl powder blue
• TAG pearl white
• 1/2-inch flat brush
• #2 round brush
• #1 round brush
• HAS stencils
1. Sponge a mixture of Paradise dark pink and TAG pearl white around one eye for a background color.
2. Double load your 1/2-inch flat brush with Paradise purple and lavender, and create the shape of a hat. Use the lighter corner of the brush to fill in the center area of the hat, and blend it so that it appears smooth.
3. Load a white circle sponge with white and place three circles by the hat. These will be your lollipops later.
4. Use one of the HAS swirling stencils and Paradise lime face paint to create some background swirl shapes here and there, always keeping your focal points in mind.
5. Use a star stencil and Paradise yellow to add a star layer to the top of your design with a sponge.
6. Load your #2 round brush with Paradise orange, dark pink, and teal by turns to create the swirls in the lollipops.
7. Use a good lining black, such as Wolfe, Global strong black, or Diamond FX to outline with your small round brush.
8. Finish up by adding white highlights, dots, and some starbursts with your brush. You could also jazz it up with liquid bling or cosmetic glitter, buy my model asked for no glitter, so here’s the non-sparkly version.