Get ready for fun in the sun with this snorkeling Sneakadoodle design. To add a little peril to your face painting, go with a shark. For the less intrepid underwater adventurers, you can change it to a friendly dolphin.
• TAG skin palette
• Paradise orange face paint
• Paradise light brown face paint
• Paradise red face paint
• Paradise light blue face paint
• Diamond FX Captain Obvious small split cake
• Diamond FX white face paint
• Diamond FX black face paint
• #5 round brush
• #2 round brush
• 1/2 inch flat brush
• A sponge
1. Using a #2 round brush and your Diamond FX white, draw the shape of your snorkeler’s head just below the hairline on the side of the forehead. This is a good way to establish the shape you want before you fill it in the colors, since the white won’t show up after you go over it.
2. Using the TAG skin palette, select a color for your diver. (I chose the third lightest tan, since I felt a snorkeler would probably be nicely tan.) Add two white eye ovals, an orange mask, and some light brown hair (or other hair color of choice).
On the opposite side of the face, sponge some light blue face paint around the eye area and down on the cheek. This is going to be your ocean, so just above the jaw line you’ll also add a brown sea bottom with coral and a starfish shapes.
3. Using the Captain Obvious small one-stroke and your 1/2 inch flat brush, create an elongated triangular shape with an open wedge at the bottom for a shark with an open mouth.
4. Although I generally use my #1 round with Diamond FX black for the outlining, this time I experimented with a #2 round Mark Reid brush for details. The Mark Reids hold a nice sharp tip, and this worked well for outlining my design.
5. I again used the #2 Mark Reid round brush to finish up with white highlights and details. You can’t leave them white accents out of this design, because a shark without teeth doesn’t look nearly as fierce as one with teeth.
For some extra fun with your design, add tropical fish here and there and you’re finished!
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: art, boy design, cheek art, design, Design Ideas, designs, easy, face art, face paint, face painting, facepaint, facepaint.com, fast, fun, ocean, shark, Sneakadoodle, snorkeler, summer, tutorial, undersea