When holidays roll around, it’s fun to try some new designs. This little chick is looking for her Sneakadoodle buddy and can be used as a design for either your Easter or spring boards. As a variation, add some flowers to brighten it with the colors of your choice.
• TAG yellow face paint
• TAG orange face paint
• Paradise light green face paint
• Paradise grey face paint
• Diamond FX white face paint
• Diamond FX black face paint
• #5 round brush
• #2 round brush
• #1 round brush
1. Start on one side of the forehead. (The side where the hair parts is generally a good placement for your Sneakadoodle so the hair doesn’t cover it too much.) Using your #5 round brush, make a circle for the chick’s head and it’s wings with the TAG yellow. With a clean, wet brush, clear two spots and use the Diamond FX white to make two small white ovals for the eyes. Using the #2 round brush and TAG orange, make the beak just below the eyes.
On the opposite cheek, use the #5 round brush to create the shapes of a chick, two broken egg shell halves, and some grass. Again clear one spot on the chick for the eye with a clean, wet brush and put it in with Diamond FX white. Use the #2 round brush to create the little beak with TAG orange.
2. Using your #1 round brush and Diamond FX black, add outlines to your shapes. A few short lines on the chick’s head will give it the appearance of a fuzziness. To make its wings appear to be moving, add two short curved lines near them on either side of the chick.
For the broken egg, outline the back edge with black and then make a second jagged edge just below this for the front edge of the egg. (This addition of a front edge will aid in the illusion that the shell is three dimensional.)
3. Add white highlights to both of the chicks and to the grass with your Diamond FX white brush and the #1 round brush or the #2 round brush, depending on which is most comfortable for you to use.
A tiny white dot on the eye will add a sparkle of life to your chick.
4. This last step is optional, and you can use any light color for this, such as grey, light brown, lavender, or light blue. Using the #2 round brush, add lowlights to the inside of the egg shells and one small swipe along the bottom edge of each as a shadow. Now enjoy your little chicks!
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: art, cheek art, chick, design, Design Ideas, designs, dfx, Easter, easy, face art, face paint, face painting, facepaint, facepaint.com, fun, how to, simple, sneakaboo, Sneakadoodle, tutorial