This is one of my most requested designs!
Colors used in this picture:
1. Starting with the hydra sponge cut in half, and the rainbow split cake, pounce color over the eyes. Place one edge of the sponge in the corner of the eye and pivot about 45 degrees over the eyes. Try to keep it mostly on the top part of the eyes.
2. Next, paint a white circle for the head of the unicorn.
3. Paint a smaller circle underneath it and to the side.
4. Connect the two circles, Using a flick of the brush starting from the head, create a small horn. Don’t forget the ears. Add a neck line underneath. Most of it will be covered by hair so we don’t need to make the whole thing.
5. Using the #6 round brush, add tear drop shapes over the rainbow. Make sure they are all pointing towards the center.
6. Once the first round dries, add shorter tear drop shapes underneath the first, and layer.
7. Now you’ll want to add the hair, Add swirls on top and below. Add a dot for the eye.
8. Next, use light blue and add additional detail to the hair. Also add a small bit of blue to the eye.
9. Next using the small round brush, outline the unicorn. Add a black dot in the center of the eye.
9. Finally, add flowers to the design. I like to dip my round brush in yellow, then wipe the very tip, then dip in the white. Do one petal off to the side to clear excess paint and water from the brush. Then press down where you want to start your flower. Repeat all around.
10. Add tiny dots of white to the center of the flowers. Add a small star burst to the tip of the horn.
All unicorn lovers , love glitter so don’t forget to add glitter! like this: Amerikan Body Art Cosmetic Glitter Sheer Yellow
Amy Liza Williams is a face & body artist who resides in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Asheville NC. She is the owner of Asheville face & body Art, a collective of quality artists who work as a team to provide many artistic and costuming services & smiles.
www.ashevillefaceandbodyart.com or www.facebook.com/ashevillefaceandbodypainting
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: Amy Liza Williams, Asheville NC, cute, design, Design Ideas, designs, Eye design, face, face art, face paint, face painter, facepaint, facepaint.com, Flowers, how to, mask, pegasus, rainbow, tutorial, unicorn