Here is an easy design for Santa’s helper. My son loved his, and kept it on all night, which is saying a lot for being a face painter’s kid!
paper towels or cloth
(optional) Fine Mist Spray bottle with water
(optional) Baby wipes
Colors used in this picture:
Recommend Add on: Amerikan Body Art Cosmetic Glitter Sheer Yellow
1. Starting with the white face paint and the medium round brush, squiggle on some fluffy puff for the trim of the hat. This will go above the eyebrow.
2. Next, use the red to outline the hat. Add a triangle shape on the top above the white, then have it curve around the temples and down to the cheeks, to meet at a point. Fill in with stripes.
3.Using the dark metallic green, fill in the spaces between the red.
4. Using the yellow face paint add a circle at the end of the hat. Then using brown, add a cross sign with dots at each end to make it a bell. Add a little light green to a little of the dark metallic green.
5. Now, using the small round brush, and the black face paint, outline the design. Add a little black to the inside of the bell, around the whole hat, and add some puffy curvy lines to the trim to make it stand out and look fluffy. You can stop here if you want, or continue on to some details in the next step.
6.Finally, add some white dots, stars and sparkle using the small round brush.
Glitter never quite shows on camera the effect it has in person. I would add some yellow or gold glitter over the bell, and maybe even a sheer white to lightly poof over the whole design, for the super glitter fans!
Thank you for reading this tutorial. I hope it inspires you to create some happy memories! Happy Holidays!
Please take a moment to rate, comment, or post below
Share this post
- Tags: chirstmas, cute, design, Design Ideas, elf, face art, face painting, hat, Holiday, how to, red and green, Santa, stocking hat, winter