How to paint a 2 minute Flower Design!
Face Painting is popular! Once the word gets out at an event, the line can manifest quickly! This is a great, simple and easy design that pleases the crowd! Add glitter to add another layer of awesomeness.
- Use contrasting colors to make it pop.
- Using the right brushes, tools and paint make a difference in the results. Make sure the brushes you use are of good quality. Like Mark Reid’s or a Paradise brush.
Colors used in this picture:
1. Starting with the green face paint and the round brush, paint two curved lines, one on the bottom and one on the top of where you want your design to go.
2. Next, using the same brush, add two leave in the middle where the lines meet. You can get a very quick leaf shape, by pressing down and creating a curved brush stoke, then another one that mirrors it. Make sure the meet at the top in a point. Fill in as needed.
3. Using the same brush, making sure to rinse well between colors, add the leaves of the flower. Paint right on top of the green. Starting with your brush standing straight up, right in the middle of where you want the flower to go, push the brush, and splat a petal down. Repeat the same process, pushing the brush down in different spots. Add as many or a little petals as you would like.
4.Add highlights with the light green paint. Add a teardrop stoke on each leaf, and trace along the vines. Add small green dots in the middle of the design.
5. Finally, using the white, outline the design. Trace around the flower petals, the outside of the leaves, and trace along the vines. Add tear drops on each end of the vines, and add white dots in the middle of the flower and on the outside of the design. Add glitter and it’s done!
By Amy Liza Williams on