How to Face Paint Thor! A Warrior’s Choice
Colors used in this picture:
1. Starting with the round brush and the white face paint, start to outline your design by painting out the shape of the mask. Paint the wings on the side of the face, and along the eyes and nose, paint the outline making sure to keep things as even as you can.
2. Continue to add details, by painting a hexagon shape in the center of the forehead and above the nose. Paint a center line going up and one of the left and right side of the shape. Continue to add details to the wings.
3. Using the half of sponge, and the silver face paint, sponge over the design but leave a little of the white outline to trace over.
4. Trace over the white lines using the round brush and the black face paint. Take the edge of the sponge and lightly dip into your black paint, and dab on towel or paper towel. Lightly use the sponge to dab on shadows on your design. go along the edges and blend in.
5. If your model allows, Add a beard to your warrior! Using the yellow face paint, and the round brush, Start under the nose, and add a brush stroke going over and down on each side. Underneath the lip draw a triangle like shape. Add some copper teardrop brushstokes over the yellow, then outline in black.
6. Finally outline your design in white, giving highlights in various spots. Go along the edges of the helmet, and add a few brush stokes to the beard.
By Amy Liza Williams on
Share this Article