Mexican wrestling (Lucha libre) is known for it’s brightly colored masks that the participants wear. They are all uniquely different and reflect the style and personally of the person who wears it. It reminds me of the vivid and bright reflections that the Day of the Dead (Dia de los muertos) masks show as well. They are super fun to recreate one you’ve seen, or to make your own unique design.
Colors used in this picture:
1. Starting with the red face paint and a hydra sponge cut in half, begin to cover the face. Make sure to leave space around the eyes and mouth.
2. Next, taking the black face paint and the filbert brush, outline the eyes and mouth. You’ll want to step back from the design to make sure the design is even on each side.
3. Using the Paradise Silver and the filbert brush, Paint a arrow in the middle of the forehead. Trace around the black as well.
4. Continue with the black paint, tracing around the arrow, and add additional design details around the forehead. Paint two black stars on each cheek.
5. Finally, using the silver trace around the design elements on the forehead, and the stars.
Grab some boxing gloves and get in the ring!
Share this post
- Tags: black and silver, boy design, Design Ideas, Free style Wrestling, Los Luchadores, Lucha libre, Máscara de lucha mexicana, Mexican Wrestling, Mexican Wrestling Mask, red, Spanish, Wrestling, Wrestling Mask, ¡Mucha Lucha!