A Festival Eye Swirl ~ A local favorite
The very first time I face painted, a eye swirl was requested. Since then it never gets old, and there are so many different ways to do it. Each person develops their own style over time. Try out different ways and see what works for you. This one is inspired by my Face Painting friend Angela. She has tons of line only eye swirls in her book, and the kids and adults love them. They are easy to change out the colors to accommodate special requests or to match their outfit.
paper towels or cloth
(optional) Fine Mist Spray bottle with water
(optional) Baby wipes
Colors used in this picture:
1. Starting with the medium round brush and the metallic green face paint. Start at the inner eye, and paint a thick to thin line going over the eye and to the outer temple.
3. Continue painting along side the temple and down the cheek.
4. Now add light green over the metallic green. Add tear drops inside and over the eye as well as between swirls.
5. Using the small round brush add magenta teardrops inside the design. Trace around the teardrops on the side of the eye and between the swirls. Add dots as well.
6. Finally, outline in white and add dots.
Adding glitter to this would really make it stand out. These poofable glitter bottles are great for getting maximum even coverage. Just spray water lightly on the design with a spritzer bottle then proof over with glitter.
By Amy Liza Williams on
Share this Article